The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1534 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/15/07
Good reminder how much a little bit of kindness can mean to someone. I'm glad it ended well (but then we expect a fairy tale to). ;)
Wow, this one is really good! Such a beautiful picture of how powerful friendship can be...
06/15/07
Excellent - you got the perspective right on the nose. What a blessing!
I love this! Written in a honest-down-to-earth style with a message on true friendship that we can all use these days. good job.
06/16/07
Although I suspected the ending, that was what made it even more meaningful. Good job!
So very true, and simply, but well, written. I befriended a girl who helped change me from the ugly duckling too. I think this would go over good with a teen audience. Very nice entry!
Yes, friendship is one of the most important things in life. Good article.
06/16/07
Love this! One of my favs. This story isn't just true of you, but of soooo many teenagers today. Awesome message, but not too preachy. As a teen, I can honestly tell you that this is great! Keep up the great work!
06/18/07
Important notes on friendship, a valuable essay. Thanks.
06/22/07
Author's Note To Self:
#30 on the Top 40's List.
Marilyn, this is just precious. I love it! Thanks for your transparency in writing this. That is exactly what teens and many others desire to find when they read. By letting others in on the pain you experienced you offer hope and encouragement to those struggling with similar issues, and of course MANY do! Congratulations on placing in the top 40 also.
06/30/07
Made Dub's Puppy Pen again!