The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1018 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/08/07
Good message here. Timely.
06/09/07
A good story with a message in a child's language!
Wonderful and alive with just the right message!!!
Very timely piece and so true. A great lesson through a beautiful reminder. Makes me want to grab a wagon and start following suit. Wow. Thx for this entry. God bless,Janice
06/12/07
Thanks for writing a story to help children understand that though adults often disagree about war, we should ALWAYS be grateful and thankful to our enlisted men and women for their willingness to go!
06/13/07
As one who has a grandson who fought for our freedoms in Iraq from August 2005 to April 2006, I can say a heartfelt "Thank you" for this story. You are so right, that it doesn't matter whether or not we agree with the war, our troops desperately need our prayers, and we need to teach our children that. Wonderful message.
06/16/07
I really appreciate your story, dealing with a tough subject, in children's terms. You give a great lesson to ponder and I think youngsters would like having a grandpop read it to them. The ending is delightful!

Thank you, too, for reading and leaving a comment on my story. I appreciate your words.
07/24/07
Thanks Dave.

I have spoken with many Iragi and Afgani returning Soldiers and they all tell me the same thing: witin three months they stop watching TV news because it's not telling the good that we are doing over there. They consider the news services as only giving a negative picture. I could tell that each Soldier was deeply effected by this.

God bless.