The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1279 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/10/07
No "worm's eye view" here. Nicely done.
05/11/07
Excellent description, and an exceptional sense of place. I love the message woven through as well. Wonderful.
05/11/07
It's stories like this that make me rail against the 750 word limit! Nice job creating the landscape and moving from a "grey" color scheme & rejection to a warmer, more welcoming feel during the climb to the house. The wrap-up felt awfully quick, but see my first commment. Good job!
05/11/07
Oh wow, I read this with tears, it is nearly the story I heard on my grandfather's knee, his family finally finding carriage out of Boston, and eventual work on a farm. This is a story that can and should be made into a novel, "Gangs of NY," did nothing to help our proud heritage
05/13/07
Very excellent work! Pwerfully written. I felt the poor young man's pain. It made me think, "And I thought my life was rough..."

Keep up the awesome work!
I liked the opening and closing and the story inbetween did not dissappoint. I found it very moving.
This was brilliantly written. You'll place for sure.
05/15/07
Wonderful! You captured his hopelessness and also the shift to hoping again. Great descriptions. :-)
You did a great job in the telling of this story. Great job!
05/16/07
You touched my heart on so many levels...Thank you for sharing this story!
Nicely written. A very fluid story at the least. I think I'm still wheezing LOL!
05/17/07
Very moving and very real. I really enjoyed this!
05/19/07
You paint vivid pictures in a few words. I love the little details you didn't overlook, like brushing himself before sitting on the plush chair. We can imagine all the rest "between the lines."
Thank you for commenting on my historical entry, too. I appreciate your words!