The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1290 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/15/07
This is good. It's amazing how we often have trouble coming up with a story for the topics we know the most about, isn't it? I especially loved the last line about you making your own music on the keyboard. Isn't there some classical piece called "The Typewriter" that deals with this type of "music?" ;)
03/16/07
Really good writing. I think God has given each of us a heart for something which is to be our purpose in life. But it may take a while to discover this for ourselves. We travel a rocky road in which we trip and fall several times before we find that well-paved highway that leads to fulfillment.
03/17/07
Really solid piece. Nice honesty displayed here, sadly too many of us keep plugging away when the joy of the project had long faded away. Great work!
03/20/07
Wow! The payoff--the last sentence--was awesome!
03/20/07
Fascinating - and I LOVE your final sentence. I was right there with ya.
03/21/07
Truly a piece from your heart that reverberates with an all-too-rare honesty! You expressed your dilemma and confusion very well, and I think you were wise to step away from something that no longer brought you joy. Thank you so much for sharing this courageous piece with us!
Heartfelt doesn't even being to explain this. Extremely transparent-I usually have trouble even trying to write something like this ^_^ -and very well done. I liked the honest, open style and tone. The title especially fit just right.
This is scary. I was a music major in college. I joined band in sixth grade and spent years "doing it all," as you said. The band I was in in college met on Tuesdays and Thursdays at eleven. And I stopped playing my last semester.

And to top it all off, I had a heck of a time thinking of a story to write for this topic! Are you sure we're not the same person? :-P

Needless to say, I could relate to this story, almost too much. The thing is, I still enjoy taking out my flute and playing, just every now and then. Did so today. It's nice sometimes.

Thank you for sharing feelings that are oftentimes hard to understand, let alone write about.
03/22/07
Us creative people have a hard time finding what it takes to scratch that each sometimes. I started in art, might've made it to music if my brother hadn't hogged all the fame there. I now here I am writing. Also scrapbook. Or at least I did until I couldn't stand ignoring my writing. Yes, my keyboards a clacking away right now. Yours too, I bet! :)

Don't worry, I think you found your niche.
03/22/07
Each was supposed to be "itch." Good grief!
03/23/07
Wonderful! Need I say more?