The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1695 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This story could be a movie! It's soooooo good! The icing on the cake for me was when she saw the little yellow rosebud....... OH MY........ That sent me straight up to HEAVEN! I JUST LOVED THIS STORY! You did an AWESOME JOB!
04/18/05
Well, you made my eyes water. Very well-written. Yellow roses are my favorite!
04/18/05
WOW! What a great story. I cold feel it AND see it from beginning to end. I love this story.

(BTW don't tell anyone but my favorite roses are both orange and yellow miniature tea roses) dave s.
04/18/05
What a beautiful story! The gentle humor and sweetness worked great together, and a really awesome ending! Excellent!!
Just beautiful! Wonderfully written with a delightful message and imagery throughout.
04/22/05
What a most excellent example of true love. In few words you captured the lifetime of an eternal love affair. My respect on a job, more than well done!
04/23/05
Good work! Looks like a contender! :-)
This story pulled on my heart strings. True love conquers all.
May God bless you for writing this beautiful story. Thanks
04/26/05
Hello dear Darlene. I just wanted to take a moment to encourage you and let you know that The Yellow Rose actually made it into the semi-finals for the Anniversary Challenge. Believe me, it was a very close competition and everyone who made it into the semi-finals deserves to be congratulated. You were right up there at the top end (very, very close to making it into the Editor's Choice). So well done - be encouraged. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
I love this story!!! Especially liked the "I checked, fifteen is the exactly right number." :-D