The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 930 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This is something I'll want to read again and again. I have a feeling I'll get more out of it each time. The descriptions are beautiful, and the message is awesome. Wow!
The outstanding descriptions drew me in to this excellent story. Wonderful spiritual lessons are revealed through these analogies to the Scriptures.
I enjoyed this analogy. A piece like yours gets the point across so well without preaching. The only small thing that I wondered about is this. Are we ever finsihed with our training? I'm not sure how the need to continue training could be conveyed, but just a thought. You are a skilled writer.
02/26/07
I really liked this analogy. My favorite part was the importance of the relationship with the trainer. Great job.
02/26/07
One of the better allegories I've read--really well thought out, and a very creative use of both the topic and the verse. I like this a lot.
02/26/07
Amazingly wonderful analogy that worked perfectly, in my opinion. Your description is rich and wonderful, as usual. Excellent!
I have a hard time "getting into" analogies. That's just me. This one is well written and I did get the point (no pun intended), so it must have been the good writing.
02/27/07
Above Superb. I don't know if it was meant to be, but an excellent analogy of learning Spiritual Warfare.
Super smooth writing. Masterfully crafted. Only a fair maiden could have written this. God bless.
02/27/07
OH, I liked this. I kept thinking it was an analogy but wasn't entirely sure it was meant to be one until I read the footnotes at the bottom. I think that's the mark of a great analogy/allegory. Great job!
I have to tell you right off that this is simply brilliant! I very much enjoyed reading this (and was pleasantly surprised about the 'analogy' part at the end) I'd thought about using 'fencing' as a sport(instead of for war), but you did a much better job of bringing this to life. I like the POV you used as well, it was nice to be in the MC's head and seeing and thinking as well. Great job! ^_^
I very much enjoyed the analogy. Well written and descriptive. Excellent job (I'd say more, but the boss is at the office door:-|).
You have a wonderful sense of story telling. History is carried down for generations by people with your gift.
03/01/07
Wonderful! A subtle analogy but it speaks volumes. Very well done. Thanks for sharing it
Love it, love it, love it! I hadn't a clue where it was going until about half way through, then my heart was racing. There is no dearer friend or teacher.
This is a winner in my books... a powerful message brilliantly written...