The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1478 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I cannot understand how 46 people could read this and not make a comment. First I had to look up the word "taw" which I found means "marble." Passing that hurdle, it was smooth sailing and a poem with many, many hidden lessons in getting along with others, in coming in out of the darkness into the light of freedom, in the danger of "familiarity breeds contempt" and a hundred others. If I were a pastor, I could preach for two months on this delightful poem. It might appear to be froth to some but has enough body and substance to make it the subject of a college course on human relations. Big time Kudos.
I forgot to mention the greater spiritual applications of getting up out of a dormant, useless state where all we do is reflect on past glories and dwell on our present discomforts,and the liberation that comes from new surroundings, more exposure, greater opportunities for service and the potential for unlimited friendships. I keep finding more and more things about this poem that I like! Good job!
02/27/07
A delightful poem with an interesting twist on the topic. While I'm not an expert on poetry, I do believe some of your meter is a little off. However, the imagery and lessons embedded in this piece are wonderful.