The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2327 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/16/07
I really like your shift in scenes, from the group to the lone woman. How, too, like God to place a knitting needle where we thought our coffee was. March on, he says....and I say, "Write on!" Good job. (I loved the title!)
02/17/07
This format was really effective and you pulled it off very well. Great job!

I love how you show (through this format) how God is working when we aren't aware if it. A great reminder to ponder. Loved it!
02/18/07
Really clever title, and the knitting needle was a masterful touch. Great job!
02/19/07
A masterpiece! The shift back and forth was so well done, and you captured the emotions well. I loved this.
What a good example of how God works when we all seek His will.
02/21/07
Well written and a great reminder of how things do happen but we only see a small part of it.
02/21/07
Kool, very creative and well written. What's funny is that I thought I commented on your story earlier this week. But, somebody else got the comment as I put it on the wrong one. I liked the POV experiemnt, well done, the pov shifted but the focus stayed right on point. Excellent job. God bless.
02/21/07
Very nice! I really enjoyed this story and I love being able to guess what Bess will say. Thanks so much for sharing this touching story.
I also enjoyed the POV shifts. It's like we got a front row seat to see God work. Great job!
Enjoyed sitting in on the characters' thoughts and prayers - very personal. I was wondering all along what they were going to ask Bess to do...and now, being a knitter myself, I'm still wondering! (That's totally ok and doesn't deter from the point of your story....just my own musings.)

This reminds me of how God's timing is perfect. Something I needed today, so thanks!

02/21/07
This was a good tearjerker! I loved it! Loved seeing the prayer efforts and the ladies were so real I could see them sitting there together. You touched on so many truths - thanks!
I really love a writer who can take everyday events and relate them in the way you have. This is well written, and has a message, too. Very well done.
02/21/07
You managed to pull this one off :) A real moment in someone's life without making it all mushy and flowery - congratulations.
02/21/07
I love those moments when you know God is speaking to you. Great job weaving the importance of prayer and our reliance on the Lord for everyday needs. Enjoyable, well-crafted writing as always! Blessings, Jo
02/21/07
Well-written and heart-warming story! I loved the caring and concern expressed by the "church ladies." I also appreciated that they and Bess were praying at the same time for the same thing! No wonder the answer came so quickly and clearly! Clever title, as well! :)
02/21/07
Very nice heartwarming piece. I don't write fiction, but from a reader's perspective I'll say your POV experiment worked for me. :)
Your organization and timing are impeccable. God's timing is, too, isn't it?! Nice job.
02/22/07
Good thing she realized it was a knitting needle before she put it to her ear!!! LOL Only I would think of this. What a unique way to intertwine craft into an entry and what a neat way to show how God builds faith. Great writing!
02/22/07
God works out all the small details of our lives! You captured Bess well and made those POV shifts quite well. Great job!!! :-)
02/28/07
God is just like that!! I found the ladies' desire to honor the Son refreshing. And they honor Him by loving their neighbor instead of forcing "ministry" on her weary shoulders. Great lesson, great work! :-)