The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2920 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/08/07
This is so cute! I love it! Such a unique take on the topic, too. Excellent! :)
02/08/07
Well, I loved it. And I read it out loud to the family and they all loved it. (Susanna even broke off from reading LOTR to listen!!)Very good, very funny
02/08/07
Great story, humor, and approach for the topic. I enjoyed it.
I believe this is my favorite this week--a really delightful story!
02/09/07
Super cute! You had me giggling at “Gee, Pop, I dunno. Ham’s in charge of the porcupines…” I could hear his voice so clearly. This was such a fun read--I loved the creativity at work here. Oh, if only I had such an imagination. Great job!
Cleverly written! I even enjoyed the puns (I usually groan at puns!) Nice job at script writing.
02/09/07
Very well-done! I'd like to see it expanded to a two or three act play even! :) Loved the dialogue, and I thank you for the laughs!
02/10/07
Oh the humor! The puns! (Groan!)

I caught the sushi thing with seaweed - um, and so many others. This was so much fun to read and I loved the voices of the characters.

This really would make a great skit for a young peoples group - I could just visualize it! They would have a blast!
02/10/07
Creativity personified!!! Who'd of thunk this up? Leave it to... And the quills? The worms? the Horse' tail? The Rainbow Trout. Not just good thinking, Brilliant thinking!
02/10/07
So cute...so original! What a delight to read. I just love the silliness and lightheartedness of the characters. Pass me a barley cake, will ya? LOL Blessings, Jo
02/10/07
Inteligently creative. I loved it. The rainbow at the end was the clincher. You should experiment more often. This was delightful. God bless.
What a hoot! This is very creative. I love the "What's for breakfast. Barley cakes. What's for lunch. Barley cakes..."'
Excellent!
Such a creative entry! This would be excellent for a children's Sunday school program... Masterfully written!
02/10/07
Clever, brilliant, witty... what else can I say? A youth group would have fun with this!
02/10/07
I'm glad you experimented - this was funny!
02/11/07
I've often wondered just what they did on the ark for food, and fun. This makes the characters so real, so human ... which I guess they were. And I agree, youth groups would love doing this.
02/11/07
This is absolutely delightful. How creative and you had me smiling all the way through.
Very clever, and funny! How unique to describe the first attempt at fishing. I especially loved the bit about the worms.
02/12/07
Delightful! love a good pun :)
A ridiculous experiment? Well, maybe it will catch on, just like Ham's experiment. Very clever and humorous.
02/12/07
Jan, you've outdone yourself. This was brilliantly creative and such an entertaining read. I absolutely loved it.
02/12/07
This was a fun read! The rinbow trout was a great idea at the end.
02/12/07
sorry - I meant rainbow!
Well, not like you need another accolade, but--here's one anyway! This was absolutely engaging from start to finish, such a fresh format and done with lots of humor and cheer. Excellent, excellent job!

I'm thinking, though--should this be a "comedy in one act" instead? If you ever publish this (which you should!) you should think about making that one tiny change.

Bravo!
Consider it a successful experiment ... I enjoyed this a great deal.
02/13/07
This is delightful! The world is so somber and serious, so filled with troubles, I love it when I find respite from it and a chance to laugh. Laughing at silly things, at ourselves, gives us balance. This is creative, entertaining, wonderful! And forget the kids doing it as a skit... I'd love to do it! LOL! Great writing, Jan!
Ohhh, clever! I liked this, totally refreshing from what I'd expected. (Not sure what I expected, but this certainly delivered) very creative and wonderfully written. ^_^
02/13/07
This is outstanding. I wish Veggie Tales would pick this up from you. I'm definitely going to have my kids read it (ages 9-14). I loved it from beginning to end.
Truly masterful and creative! Wonderful work! Blessings, Cheri
Loved all of it, but the sushi part made me laugh out loud! (p.s. a "female horse" is a mare)
Would just love to see this acted out on stage. It would be so ooooooo funny.
02/16/07
Congrats, Jan. I'm gonna read it to my grandboy this weekend. God bless.
02/26/07
That is cute Jan. Thanks for sharing a giggle with me this early in the day.