The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 907 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Great story! I'm glad dad to the time to "read" what was in his son's eyes. Very touching.
02/03/07
Beatiful, moving story of a terrific dad! The dialogue made these characters come alive, and the message was great, too!
02/03/07
What a great Fathers Day Story! but, it isn't Father's Day. The topic of reading, in my opinion, was secondary to the story - but I didn't mind, because this was so special, so touching, so terrific and wish every Father felt the way this writer does! Very, very good message! Well written, and with a sprinkle of candor and wit. Enjoyed the games to the fullest! Kudos.
02/03/07
Lovely--I could just hear Harry Chapin's "Cat's in the Cradle" in the background, and this piece is a perfect antidote to that song. Very nicely written.
This was a great piece. Well written and interesting. I liked the way the point of the story was brought out.
02/09/07
Well said, Dave...I think about just that scenario often, and pray that I will have the chance to grant a child's request to play. Thanks for voicing what a lot of us feel. And may many more be touched by this article to forget the tiredness of the moment and spend a few minutes for eternity.