The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1812 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow! This should be read to the military families..... Beautiful job! Written with much heart..........
04/11/05
Compelling! It pulled me right along all the way to the end and left me wanting to know the end of the story.
04/11/05
Very well done!
04/11/05
Excellent!!
Hope it's not just me being tired that has me teary-eyed at this one, because I want it to be the sentiment behind it. My brother's in the Army and leaving for overseas very soon (though he's not headed to Iraq), and that's part of what hit me so strongly with this piece.... thanks for posting it.
04/12/05
Very nice story. I especially liked the line "Joey thought that his friend had never looked bigger." It is a reminder of how big and strong we can all be when we are strong in our relationship with our Savior.
04/13/05
This really pulled me in...such a simple story told in a powerful way. It is refreshing to read a story about friendship between men that is unabashedly sentimental. Great story!
04/13/05
An excellent story of true friendship. It exhibits a real depth and tenderness so often left untold.
04/13/05
Wonderful story! You used your gift of writing well! Friendship means being vunerable. Their love for one another caused their parting to be a rending experience. But the friendship was a pearl of great price. Precious.
04/14/05
This is a beautiful story! I also was touched by the unreserved show of emotions between men. Very moving!
This was a real blessing to read. Thanks.
04/16/05
faith ... like superglue

Ya gotta love it! Nice job!
As a mom of a 15 year old JrRotc boy, this sure brought tears to my eyes. There's such a short bridge of time between 4th grade VBS and growing up!
04/21/05
I really enjoyed reading this. Well. done!
dave
04/24/05
Beautifully done Karen. You have such a way with words.