The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1491 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/16/06
I enjoyed this very much. Yes, we all do have those defining times that help make us who we are. Your ending was not only meaningful, but challenging as well.
11/18/06
I really liked the way you wrote this, and your last line was really thought-provoking.
11/19/06
"The summer of our first love, the summer we grew up." Yep, you sure had one of those summers. Your writing is so believable, I'm sure you must have been there. The contrast between the normality of having braces tightened and the horror of Troy's injury was effective. Well done.
Such raw emotions here. You captured my interest right from the begining. I must admit I wanted Troy to wake up but of course life takes us down different paths for His reasons. Great entry with a great lesson.
Heart-wrenching story that held my attention throughout---masterfully done!
11/23/06
Everything is well done here... nice emotion and you pulled the ol heartstrings just right. The only suggestion I'd make is to alter the length of the paragraphs a little just to add some variety to the pace and presentation. But that's such a minor thing with this piece. Well done!