The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1200 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/17/06
Super! This guy's got such a real voice, and he's just so, so...pitiful. I grinned all the way through this one.
11/17/06
Oh, so well done! The whole kicking sand in your face story gone ary!{sp?} Loved it! The voice was indeed very compelling and true to life. Poor guy. He just didn't get it, did he?
11/21/06
Ha! This was great. I loved your conversational tone. It sounded so real - and hilerious. Terrific job.
11/21/06
Very well told - humor with a point. Good job :)
11/21/06
I just LOVE your voice here - what a wonderfully creative take on the topic - and so wonderfully told!
11/21/06
This was so cute and enjoyable! I loved the story and could see the scene clearly. Thanks so much for sharing this!
11/21/06
Good personal voice in this essay. Thank you for sharing.
This is a really fun read. It's a grown-up Leave it to Beaver story. Great job.
11/21/06
Great storytelling! I have to agree with all the above on what a captivating voice the character has. A really fun read. Good job!
11/21/06
I agree with the consensus - terrific voice here! This was a fun, entertaining and silly piece that left me with a smile. Nicely done!
11/21/06
Hehe I love the part about him thinking it's a "total pain" to have to scan the sea every once in awhile. Great job. Oh, and you spelled "Allison" incorrectly. ;) Just kidding.
Hi Stephen,

I judged this week and this was one of my favorite entries. Great work! Looking back at it, I think an overuse of "..." may have hurt your score.

Overall, this was a tight and fun story to read. Well done!