The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 3809 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/12/06
GREAT story! Laughter, and yes, some tears...as I read this very entertaining entry. Evoking emotion in a reader is the sign of an excellent writer - and you did it! Right on target, topic-wise...and a fascinating read! Good Job! (Reminded me of Art Linkletter...remember him?)
10/13/06
This is great! Really entertaining and with a sweet message. Thanks for sharing!
10/15/06
Awwww...I love this! Really great story with a sweet message. You made me smile today.
This was a really fun read. Not only did it have a message, but it took me back to when I was a child and watched Art Linkletter on TV. Thanks!
10/16/06
*grins* very cute. Great way of approaching the topic.
10/16/06
That was cute. I was worried about what he would say next - just like you'd be on the real show. I was 'there' and could see it happening. Good work!
10/16/06
Underwear humor--I always love it. This is very sweet and funny, and the child's voice is true.

On a different note, when I was spending lots of time in a hospital after my daughter's injury, writing helped a lot, and I was surprised to even find myself able to write humor then, even though I was so, so sad. It's a means of God's grace, I'm sure of it.
I loved this - I couldn't wait to hear the reason for the fire on the underwear. This was my favorite line "... the little flames I put on my husband’s underwear are a reminder to him that my love for him will never grow cold.”
10/16/06
LOVED this, Jan! Writing is therapeutic (wish I'd realized that a couple years ago!) - and it appears this ministered to both you AND me! The boy's character was delightful!
10/16/06
excellent job!!!
I really, really liked this. Just what I needed to read today. Praise God and may He continue to bless your writing.
10/16/06
An entertaining and fun story that was very nicely written. Great job!
10/17/06
So cute and fun to read! You did a good job!
10/17/06
Very cute and sweet. What a nicely told story! Thanks for sharing it.
10/17/06
Very cute. Kids will always tell the things they shouldn't :)
10/19/06
Gosh! That is hilarious! Written very well, too, congratulations on your win! Great job!
I didn't get a chance to read this until now. Wow! This was amazing writing. Congrats on placing!