The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1595 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/31/06
I really like how you brought the theme in at the end. I was beginning to wonder when it would so up. I can see the dog just sitting there, happy as can be.
08/31/06
I'm sure this entry will "strike a chord" with most everyone this week. Especially with it being the one year anniversery of Katrina. So many lost so much! Hard sometimes to be thankful that they're still alive. Amazing Grace indeed!!
09/01/06
You protrayed how the value of life is the greatest gift, above all the "stuff", and how in the middle of suffering and loss His Amazing Grace sings a melody. I loved the line:

Amazing Grace”! I felt like it was a melody straight from heaven saturating my heart.

All that matters is Christ and our relationship to Him. May he saturate our hearts with a song of gratefulness. Excellent!
09/01/06
Wonderful story! I love this so much. It's so real! So vivid! So descriptive! What better "melody" to tie this whole story together bringing it to a beautiful conclusion! Wonderful! :)
09/02/06
Love the title - and the whole piece. This read like a true story - is it? Very emotional and real - lots of great description. I enjoyed this very much!
09/03/06
Incredibly realistic - had me in tears - reads well, flows great. Excitement is just right and speaks well of the Amazing Grace. Thanks for writing this. :)
09/05/06
I knew nothing could get keep a Jack Russell down! Great story. I really enjoyed it. Good job.
09/05/06
This is a touching story reported well. Years ago I helped a lady cleanup after a flood. She had a built in bookcase. The refrigerator went through the wall just inches behind the bookcase. Everything on the book shelves with one exception had been washed away. A three inch high plastic angel never moved even with books leaving the shelf behind it. God is fantastic. I hope that you have recovered from the fire. Thanks
09/05/06
This story is so good! Extremely compelling reading, I was practically holding my breath the whole time. The only thing I'd change is toward the end: could care less should be couldn't care less. (Just one of my little peeves, so feel free to ignore it...)
09/06/06
I really enjoyed your story! At first I didn't know if it was a tornado, a hurricane or some type of storm that destroyed the house. You did a great job describing the fire and the rescue scene. And they say dogs are dumb indeed! :-)
I love this story. You had me there with them. And then the angel...showing us that God can use the little things to show us how much He cares for us. Thanks for sharing this.