The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1365 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/24/06
'Nuf said! And well said! And my goodness such word choices! Off to read again to catch anything I might have missed. WoW!
08/26/06
There's a sermon in each phrase. If you were to write a story around each one of them, you would hardly be beginning to plumb the depths of meaning to the cross and our salvation. Wonderful pictures. Great job!
08/28/06
I love this--every one of the fragments a poem in itself. It defies description, but it's beautiful.
I love your way with words. Quick and directly on point.
08/29/06
Wow - short but oh so POWERFUL. There is so much here - this begs to be read over and over. Masterful writing!!
08/29/06
great word usage. Could be a week of devotions here! Nice job.
08/30/06
I like it a lot! I love the way you took God's plan and brought it to implementation and then how it affects the heart of man. Very nice! :)
08/30/06
Powerful writing! I love the way you wove this amazing and poignant message.
08/31/06
the short sentences made this piece easy to read and gave it a lot of punch.
Every phrase, every paragraph is extremely rich with layers of meaning. You have an admirable command of the language and all its intricacies.

Because of that gift, the style of this piece seems more that of a 'writers' writer'. (i.e., it would be easy for an intellect like yours to leave the common reader somewhat in the dust!)

Just for fun, why not enter a few pieces with the specific aim of simplicity and easy flow? No need to sacrifice the depth of meaning, but rather an exercise to round you out and help you settle down in your "voice."

Beautifully organized in its development. Your final sentence is utterly worshipful, reflecting the simplicity and punch I refer to above. Congrats for coming so far so quickly!