The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1198 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/24/06
What I liked about it - the title drew me in, then I loved how you visualized the process of him feeling the cross. Very good descriptions.
What I might change - you probably already saw the type in the next to last line:)
Great Writing!
I love that line 'so he slept while the song kept watch all about him.' Wonderful story.
Lovely story but very slight mistake. You deviated from calling him bobby and called his John once.
08/28/06
Creative POV and a captivating story. A couple typos here and there did not detract from the story or the message it brought. Nicely done!
08/28/06
This is wonderful--by making your character blind, you forced him (and us) to experience the cross in a very different way than we usually do. Way to go!
08/28/06
Creative and wonderful story! An awesome view of the Cross!
08/28/06
I loved this point of view - exploring the cross without eyes was a very moving experience for me. Great writing!
very creative entry & well written!
08/29/06
Great story with a different point of view! A few glitches but didn't take away from the story itself. Nice work! :)
08/29/06
Wow - very cool. I'm not sure I would have had the character refer to himself as blind (at least not as early). Let the ready put it together -the descriptions were wonderful!
08/29/06
Creative and well done. I like the flow and the way you brought Bobby to life. Nice! :)
08/30/06
The description of the cross was very effective. It brought forth the emotions needed to drive home the very important truth of Jesus' sacrifice and indescribable love for us. When faced with that truth, it certainly is hard to stare at it as a reminder of our sin. Well done!
08/30/06
Wow! You did a great job on this! Kept my attention all the way through to the end. I could feel for the character.
08/31/06
I loved this. It was very powerful. I love how we could feel the cross through the main character.
08/31/06
wow, I don't deserve to be writing on the same level as you! Great job.