The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1054 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/25/06
Beautiful description, though I confess I am going to have to read this several times before I "catch your drift". But your last two lines are absolutely incredible: "I pull it out of the rocks that support it and rest it on my shoulder. As I continue on the Way, I praise God for the one burden that He has left me after His Son took all the rest." No, the cross isn't in the way at all! Great job!
08/28/06
Beautiful word pictures, here. Your opening sentence certainly gets one's attention. I, too, love the concluding lines---they are brilliant. I also took delight in the picture of the birds stitching the sod with their needle-beaks. Good stuff!
08/30/06
Nice traveling story. Enjoyed the walk.
08/30/06
This is the best I've read for this topic and I must have read at least 50. Guess I saved the best for last. Your descriptions of the woods are breathtakingly beautiful and I like the ending where you pick up the cross and carry it. If I were judging, this would be #1.
08/30/06
Very descriptive and picturesque language. Nice work! :)
08/30/06
Wonderful language, and so profound! I very much enjoyed this!
Love the way you make use of words - so beautiful.
08/31/06
Beautiful!
I love the descriptions! Good job!