The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1238 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/20/06
Excellent!
07/20/06
This is so creative, I'm glad we're competing in different levels (smile). Your powers of description are truly wonderful. I could walk right in to that bank you painted, my eyes lifted in admiration of the builders' talents. And, the young Mr. Winthrop appears as a genuine human being in believable distress, not at all a charicature. I think you hit the mark for "soul" with this entry.
07/20/06
Great writing! Great descriptions and the character was very real. Nice job!
07/21/06
What can I say? This is a gem! It sparkles!
07/21/06
This is really great. I figured it out fairly soon that it wasn't a bank (money), and you kept that theme going well. Nicely done, held my attention, and flows well. :)
07/22/06
I've been writing for children for so long that sometimes it's difficult for me to grasp grown-up material; however, your description of bank, conversation and soul was exquisite...great job!
07/26/06
I was a little "put off" by the "smirking" on the part of someone who supposedly has Bobby's best interest at heart. I also wondered about the change from formality (Mr.) to familiarity (Bobby) and then back to formality at the end. But other that those couple of bumps in my road, this was a great piece of writing.
07/27/06
Congratulations, Steve! I knew this had to be one of the top contenders.