The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1129 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/20/06
Very true type of day! Makes me remember why I don't want anymore dogs! I liked your title!
02/20/06
Cute story! You read those doggie eyes very well. I enjoyed this fun read. (But I think I'd get a doggie door or diapers for Fido!) LOL!
02/20/06
Lots of humor here. Consider a re-write in 1st person...I suspect that the "you" was a definite choice, and it gives this piece a unique voice, but 2nd person stories make for unusual reading. Definitely your call, though, the writing here was witty and fun to read.
02/21/06
I have cats - hallelujah! Good piece of writing, a couple of minor grammar/spelling things, but nothing that detracts from the excellence.
02/21/06
Nice fun, from what I can tell Fido is not the problem, if he is not walked or kept in an area during the day just for him, the result will be what happen in your story. Half the time our "wits end" is our own doing. Sure someone will relate to your story though.
I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed your story. We all need a good laugh every now and then. Good writing,simply but relative. Blessings
This is a cute story. Good job.
I love it! I love it! I have been there and done that with a my cat. Have you considered submitting this article to a pet magazine or the humor section of Readers Digest? Again,thanks for the reminder that others have "Wit's End" days
02/25/06
As a new 'Mom' to a German Shepherd pup born Nov 01, yeah, I can relate to the obvious. But the (ahem) deeper meaning sure wasn't lost on me. Personally, I've learned that even the expensive puddle pads are nothing but a great distraction-playtoy for her. It is only when I take the time to be with her, read her needs, and still expect that life is gonna have her sometimes do what she's gotta do where I don't want her to do it that we both grow into a trust relationship.

I love your style and humor!