The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 740 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Isn't it amazing how the weather can affect us? This summer we went through a month where it rained everyday. I found that my mood, unless checked, was a gray as the sky. I like how, in your story, hope was shown in a common weed.
I really enjoyed this piece. You did such a great job of painting a picture. I could feel the gloom emanating through the computer screen as I leaned forward eager to read more.

I did notice you switched tenses a couple of times from the past to present and then past again. A good critique group or challenge buddy might help you catch little things like that. You can check on the message boards or you can PM me and I'll try to help.

I think this is a brilliant take on the topic. You approached it in a reverse psychology type way which really drove the message home. I love it when I see the first dandelion of the year. To many it may be just a weed but to me it is so much more. You showed that in your MC as well. It ended on a high note leaving the reader to ponder the gloom in my own life and how to go about making a dandelion bloom inside of me. This is just spot on and a thought-provoking and powerful piece.
12/05/12
This was clever and well done. I really loved the way you approached the topic in a fresh way. Thank you!
God bless~
12/06/12
Congrats! God bless~