The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1115 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/13/12
Oh My heavens! I got all choked up with this touching entry. I loved it...all of it. Thank you.

God bless~
07/13/12
WOW!Outstanding.Beautifully done.
What a beautiful and tender entry. I loved it from beginning to the end, and the picnic was the icing on the cake.
This sounds very personal and very real.
Well done.
This is a beautiful story. I was instantly drawn to the MC and my heart hurt at the pain he had suffered.

You had some tiny errors a missing that (It was then THAT Johnny noticed)a missing comma or apostrophe (at age fifteen,)A proofreader would help you catch those and things like repeating words close together.

Those are little things and they don't distract from your amazing story. Vietnam is something that we must never forget. The way the soldiers were treated is unimaginable to people my age and younger. We need to read stories like yours lest we forget.
07/17/12
Wow, just beautiful, and very well told.
07/19/12
Congratulations! God bless~
07/19/12
Absolutely beautiful! I was spellbound the entire read. Congratulations!
07/19/12
Congratulations and welcome to the advanced level!
07/20/12
Great story telling. Glad to see it in 2nd Place; especially from Level 2. You'll be in Level 4 before you know it.:-) Congratulations!!
07/20/12
WOW! Your writing style is engaging and the story was so well told! I was truly "hooked" from the beginning, and I loved the way it ended! GREAT job! Congratulations on your 2nd place E.C.!!
07/20/12
For us baby-boomers this was like a walk down Memory Lane. So glad to see this tender love story place so high on the EC list, and in your own level as well. Level 2? Not for long. You've got what it takes to be a great writer.