The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 836 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/31/12
Loved this whole piece. But, I truly LOVED the very last line. Perhaps that is a line that can be like a "cold splash of reality" for the some. Great job.

God bless~
Beautifully presented.

Yet, I wonder if t could be accused of violating its own principle?

She touched the fruit before taking it and eating it? Chapter and verse.
06/02/12
I appreciate your argument here. It made me look to the Scripture myself and study it to understand it in the perspective of that which it was written and who wrote it. Moses was a Hebrew. It takes effort to remove my old biases and prejudices from what I've been taught. What did Moses mean when he wrote it for the Hebrews to understand what Adonai wanted His people to understand? Gen.2:16-17"You may freely eat from every tree in the garden except the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. You are not to eat form it, because on the day that you eat from it, it will become certain that you will die." The Creator said rhis to the man. Then, later created the woman. By the way, there's no mention of "apple" here regarding the fruit God instructed the man not to eat. Thank you for your piece. Great job in writing it that made me think. Blessings!
You made many excellent points and adding anything to God's infallible word causes huge problems. This was a very good article. Thank you for sharing and God bless.
Though there have been several stories this week on this topic you enlightened me in a way the others did not. I like how you point out the play on words. Oh how often that can get us in trouble.

Near the middle I found your message starting to get a little complex and would hate to have some people just skim over it because they can't fully understand it. Perhaps if you expanded just on one or two points it wouldn't be as overwhelming for some. Because of the word limit you weren't able to explain yourself as fully as you did in the beginning.

I still enjoyed this and like it when an article makes me stop and think or want to pull out my Bible to read more.
Very well thought out and presented. Your closing line said it all. Well done.