The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 633 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/28/12
This story can be a wake up call to so many out there who grouse over minor things. The important things in life are God, and family, not winning an arugument or saying harsh things to each other.

Nicely told and nicely written. I am so glad this had a happy ending. My friend had a horrible fight with her husband before he left for work...he died instantly in a three car accident that very morning. She didnt have a second chance. So this can have an impact on others reading it...an important message for sure.

Thank you for this.

God Bless~
I absolutely love this piece! I have to say I chuckled throughout at the perfect mental pictures you gave me. Poor Frank, but then as you show poor Frank isn't poor at all!

My only query would be why did he switch beds with his wife? Did they sleep in twin beds like I love Lucy or perhaps in separate rooms?

Other than that tiny bit that went over my head, this piece is close to perfection. The characters were realistic and lovable. The message is given very subtly and without coming off as preachy.

The ending was divine. I didn't see that coming at all. Great writing!