The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 831 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/03/11
i love this story... well refection on retirement. the mix of humor and seriousness is very good. The only thing that is missing is some indication of the age of your writer.Is it someone of almost 'retirement' age?
06/04/11
Although I agree with some of your view points, I am retired from a career, but I have no plans to retired from ministry. I hope that was your point. Interesting read with a few missing words, I believe. But overall nicely done.
06/07/11
Your story offered great points to ponder. I think staying active and busy prolongs our life. Becoming a couch potato shortens it. But I too, as one retired from my job which was with a ministry, am happy to no longer punch a clock, so to speak, but am as busy or busier than ever. God directed me that this season of my life be devoted to my large and growing family who need that wisdom, involvement and stability of the "sage" you mentioned in your wonderful story! God bless and keep writing!
You did a nice job of expressing your opinion Everyone may not agree with you, but you expressed your POV and gave your reader something to think about. Liked liked how you stressed you are raising kids into adults. I always say that I'm not raising kids but adults.Nice job!