The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 894 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/21/10
Good story with a wonderful solution to gain forgiveness!
10/21/10
Really good story. Well written. Good morals. Highlights the importance of listening to everything instead of just your own thoughts. No nits to speak of.
Beautiful story and very well written. I enjoyed this very much. Thank you.
10/23/10
Well written! I found myself in that blank space with the 'what just happened/what did I say' feeling.
Cheers.
This is a great story. Your beginning drew me right in and the ending was great and left me feeling fulfilled. The dialog at the lunch table was believable. Your message is one we all need to be reminded of. It was also a nice fresh take on the topic. Good job!
I really enjoyed reading your story. God bless you for writing it! There is wisdom in listening indeed. Excellent piece!
10/24/10
This would be a good story to use as a discussion-starter in a youth group.

I'd urge you to resist 'summarizing' in the last paragraphs, and to trust your writing--your readers 'got it' along with your MC.

Nice to read a story from a teen POV.
10/28/10
I like your story. It moved my heart. Everyone is inconsiderate at times without meaning to and you captured that remorseful feeling when it happens. Great job!
10/28/10
Congratulations, Anastacia, on your recognition and on a great story of true friendship. Forgiveness sought and given.
Congratulations on a great placing!!!
Love your name and your entry. Congratulations on your placement!
Congratulations on your placing. This is a very touching story. Good way to show the difference between "hearing" and "listening". I liked the way you developed your MC.