The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 989 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow this is so powerful. You did an outstanding job of bringing the reader in and staying true to the topic. This is a very powerful piece and I hope you can do more with it after the challenge is over. It needs to be available in every high school across the country. Blessings.
I agree with Shann completely. This was such a moving story. Thank you for sharing.
I was unaware of the story behind the law--but you brought it alive to me, and it moved me deeply. Thank you for sharing and for doing such a good job of it!
04/20/10
I hope your story is a winner. You told it well. Keep up the good work.
Your opening just grabbed me right away and then the end was a WOW! So this is how that law began? Absolutely a good Samartin this woman was.
04/20/10
Wow! This is wonderful! You've written such a gripping story. It is only topped by the message! Perfect title! Love this!
Oh. My. I knew about the law, but you told the story behind it with suberb writing.
04/21/10
Nice job w/ a serious subject. You didn't shy away from graphic yet appropriate (I think anyway) imagery w/ the beginning & end as many might have.
04/21/10
The message is incredibly important. I'm glad to see it is packaged in such a well written piece. Find a way to take it to the world.
You gave me goosebumps! And thanks for throwing the brick..or I might not have found this. She definitely took action--life changing action. I wonder how many of us have been affected positively by her action...perhaps even unaware. Someday we will know.
04/22/10
Thank you for this wonderful story. I like to see ideas like this one to deal with such problems.
04/22/10
Your story brought a very real societal tragedy to the forefront. We need to be made aware of such injustices if are to make a difference!
Good job. Thank You.
04/22/10
This was such a strong piece! Congratulations on your placement win!
04/23/10
Rikki, Super congrats on your ribbon with this wonderful entry!!