The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 967 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Thanks for sharing this poem. All those people you spoke of from the Bible could have considered their sins as oops moments, but some of those sins in my opinion would not be consider oops moments. Keep writing and God bless.
01/23/10
I agree with the previous commentor, to much work to try and fit some of these events in your poem as 'oops' momemts. Keep writing, practice does help.
01/25/10
I like the point of your poem that a true heart will not make excuses before God, but rather repent as David did. Thank you for sharing that!
01/26/10
Amen! I truly enjoyed and loved your composition! Indeed, in times of mistake: innocently or willfully, we must not cease praying- because God is holy, and we reverence Him.
God bless you in your writing for His glory and honour.

Ps 55:17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.

Maryknoll
01/26/10
I agree with the premise of your poem--some sins are way too big for an 'oops'!

Suggestion: work on making your meter more consistent, for a smoother-flowing poem.

I've started a thread in the message boards specifically for Beginner and Intermediate writers, and I'd love to have you stop by. http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=67

Thanks for this trip through the Old Testament!
01/30/10
Like people from Bible times, we all have our moments.. that old sin nature hounds us. Your title says it all, "In Times of Mistake, Let Us Pray"... Great message there!