The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 973 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
My heart broke as I read this story. How sad that people take forgranted the life of a child. Thank you for showing how ugly, cold and cruel this world can be.
The first part is chilling - how easily youth can be swayed to the world's "logic". And then you brought hope as we learn about the right person being there at the right time.
09/01/09
Ooh, you certainly built in alot of suspense. i know this situation comes up from time to time and we all sit and wonder, 'how could she?'
I was so hoping they made it and went to live with someone who cared. But, your ending was a powerful part of the story.
very good.
mona
Very well written and heartbreaking account of what does happen at times in our culture. Nicely done.
09/01/09
Excellent writing. I'm wondering, though, the babies didn't make it, according to your last sentence, did they? I will assume they did and that man and wife got to adopt them:) Very, very good job!
09/01/09
Too bad we treat people like trash. Whether it be a fetus, an infant, a toddler, a "messy" teen-ager or the elderly. God must be so sick of what He sees happen in this world. Thanks for reminding me that every person on earth is a treasure to our Heavenly Father.
09/02/09
Heart-wrenching. I was so hoping for a different ending... but thankfully the ending while sad, isn't completely sad as they went to Jesus' arms. Reminds me of a picture I saw once of Jesus kneeling on a newspaper, blood spilling down it and in his hand is an aborted baby... Lord have mercy. This was very well written.
I just read this again, and realized I missed the significance of the last line - ooooh, now I don't like it. JUST KIDDING. Actually, I like it better now, with the unexpected last words. Hammers home the harsh truth - life doesn't always have a happy ending.
Wow - I am at a loss for words. This was powerful. I kind of like that the ending was realistic, but so sad for the babies and the kind man. Good job!