The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 899 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I enjoyed going on your visit with you and appreciated the lesson learned about the frailty of life--a good witness story.
I felt like I was right there with you, as you told the story. I can see the campfire and Carol.

Very well written. Thanks for the memories.
I LOVE going to the festivals in NY and PA too! Very fun and interesting and with a lesson to remember.
A dear personal narrative, tenderly written. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. :)
08/13/08
OH...how sad, but such a message to be reminded of.
This would relate more to the readers if you included more descriptions and some dialogue, to make us feel that we were right there at the festival too.
Thank you for writing this.
08/13/08
I wanted to be right there with you all. Beautiful devotional and an excellent reminder as I begin my day. Thanks.
Some lovely memories of family times together, friends, food and love. What a wonderful example your friend Carol, was to your young daughter. This is a great devotional with a message all need to hear. Well done.
08/13/08
This is a great devotional. I agree that some conversation would have brought the reader in even closer but, it's still wonderful.
Simply wonderful! It reads like a devotional, with a good message. ^_^ Thanks for sharing!
08/13/08
This was a tear-jerker. How very precious! And what a lesson in life for your 10-year-old daughter. You have handled this topic by sharing some very lasting memories. None of us knows when it will be time for us, or a friend to cross the LAST bridge of life...Very excellent story. I still have a lump in my throat...Helen
This is a 2-Kleenex box for sure. I don't weep easily but I did on this one. It's a sure winner, my friend!
This is a 2-Kleenex box for sure. I don't weep easily but I did on this one. It's a sure winner, my friend!
08/14/08
I love covered bridges, but next time give me a warning on the tear thang.
Great job. God bless.
08/14/08
Thought-provoking questions at the end of this well-told story. Sad tragedy that you have turned into someone else's opportunity for victory.
08/14/08
Such a powerful and important lesson to learn-we often wait to take it's lesson to heart until it's too late. Lovely story and memories.
08/14/08
I absolutely, positively LOVE the tone and voice of this. Just wonderful.
08/14/08
Very nice entry, Beckie. You tied things in very well.