The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1030 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/14/06
A moving and beautiful story! I loved its opening--the specific descriptions of the main character on his "prayer walk" through the empty school made him come alive for me. I could just see and hear this godly old man!

I also really liked the repetition of the word "hero" with all its implications in a later paragraph, as well as the final comparison of the janitor with more conventional superheroes--all, of course, in the main character's favor. Wonderful message, vividly expressed!
12/15/06
Wow. A really awesome tribute. Very well-written. I really like how you didn't name this man, making it appear that he could be any janitor anywhere. You kept me interested and held my attention (which is sometimes hard to do!). Great job. Keep up the good work.
12/16/06
This is sooooo good! I love it! And it's a fantastic mission - a challenge - to all who work in the school system. Great work.
Very nice! I love this line: "He hears the prayers of the righteous and smiles at their sweet sound." Thanks for writing about this hero.
I like the first two paragraphs where he walks the halls, touching lockers, etc., and praying for the students and the staff. The fact that he's actually touching something makes this come alive for me. I'd like to think there really are janitors like this. Good job.