The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 877 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Skillfully written story about man's best friend and in this case,hero! I especially liked the last line. It felt real to be paying a dog a tribute!
See ya'in advanced!
Hey, if I made it to advanced with all my typo's and spacing, you're a shoe-in!
12/15/06
I love this! Very well-written tribute, but it didn't read like an obituary (which is good!). Fit the topic very well! Great job! Keep up the great work!

(And if this is a true story, then I need to say....long live the memory of Shackles!)
12/17/06
How nice to know there are "seamen" like Shackles in these Coast Guard stations. What a lovely tribute. I enjoyed reading about this.
12/21/06
Well written tribute to Shackles. Your beginning had the right amount of interest to arouse the reader and you continued to maintain it throughout with your fine writing. Shackles was truly a hero and deserved this heart-warming tribute to him.
12/21/06
I loved the descriptions of the dog's habits and how he made them feel like they were at home. He wasn't a perfect, working dog ... he was a perfect pet ... Good work! Congratulations!
12/22/06
Loved this story! So glad the other Judges agreed with me! Kudos!