The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 839 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/14/05
Excellent poem! A few places where the rhythm was lost, but it didn't affected the poem's intent. Great take on the topic.
Great poem. It really does make you think about what is really important and what we actually toil over. Your poem had a certain darkness to it that helped to drive the message home. Well done.
I really like this! Toward the end it seemed to lose a little rhythm, but it was still a great read.
03/14/05
Well done! The message comes across loud and clear!
03/15/05
Your poem had the effect of putting a large smile on my face that is still on it.
03/15/05
Satan is shrewd alright. He knows when to lie to steal your soul, only God can put things right for all mankind. Plucky poem.
03/16/05
Great title and a very neat poem to accompany it. Very nice job! - Nancy
It made me think, what if the end had a different twist? What if the devil in his own greed to get there first made the man think and repent at the end to see the errors of his ways and ask forgiveness? it would be a harder sell don't you think? I mean, people want us to pay for our whole life and forget that God can forgive as soon as we ask...It just made me think, "what if"
03/18/05
Great poem.

I enjoyed reading this one.

Kathy