The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1950 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/09/06
Oh, this is so good! I don't even feel right making suggestions but so many have asked so I'll try. The only thing I might do even a little different would be to add some more thought to the dauther bringing up her problems to her mom at a time when her mom probably doesn't need to be burdened. This character seems like someone who might have issues doing something like this. Mabye she could just mutter something and her mother hear it or something like that. Still a very, very good read!!
06/10/06
A beautiful, but bittersweet story and written very well. It touched me to the point of tears. That's the making of a great writer...to touch the reader. Well done.
Beautiful story. You touched a cord in all of us mothers.
06/12/06
Very good! As one who has traveled through a similar time, I can testify that you really nailed it.

Personal preference: I don't think you needed the last few paragraphs. You've done a beautiful job of showing the reader your gradual journey out of pain, and you don't really need to tie it all up so neatly. Let us runimnate over it.

If this is autobiographical, I'm so thankful that God has blessed your journey.
06/13/06
Very good job! Well written. This story has a great lesson in it that while grief exists to celebrate that life and that when we take our eyes off ourselves, then God can truly begin to heal our hearts.
06/13/06
Great job! I loved this line: "I realized that night I had been grieving over her death, but I had forgotten her life."

Beautiful portrait of an otherwise sorrowful subject. Finding life in the midst of death and peace in the middle of sorrow. Nice job!
06/13/06
Absolutely atriculated with the soul of one who has re discovered the Lord. Beautiful job of conveying thoughts.
06/14/06
I'm so pleased to see such praise for your beautiful story, Rita. Congratulations!
Oh Rita, this story leaves such a fullness in my depths! Every paragraph rings with candor, and you did a beautiful job expressing both the pain and the peace. From opening to ending, you held both my heart and my spirit captivated.

The ways of God may be "past finding out," but this sure points the reader in the right direction! May He bless the flow of anointed life through your pen!
06/14/06
Your story brought me immediately into the pain with the second paragraph as you gave us a glimpse into such a tragic experience. It is so true: "when we get stuck in grief it's a dark and lonely journey."

You shared a wonderful message of hope by taking the steps needed to work through the grief and yet showing that finding peace is "A Daily Pursuit." Well done.
06/14/06
You moved me to tears with this writing. It is so vivid, only one who has been there, and who has a gift for putting experience into words, could write this. What I appreciate most is that your story came full circle with joyful fruit out of the tragedy. You are destined for higher levels--God bless your writing!
Big double congratulations, Rita! I love this piece. Delighted it'll be published!
06/15/06
This was great because you really got into the heart of her thoughts and sights. I too would leave out the last paragraph to leave us with the dawning of realization.
06/18/06
Rita, thank you so much for pouring your heart on to this page. This beautiful testimony has the power to lead others to the comfort and peace only found in Jesus Christ. I'm blessed reading it!
08/05/06
The best part was when you said you had focused on her death, and forgot about her life... powerful words. Thank you - Kevin
07/11/07
Rita - I just finished reading through the "Abundance of Life" anthology, and this piece stood out so much to me. Such a wonderful, wonderful piece, my friend. It truly moved me.