The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1439 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/13/06
More, more! What happened to the rest of the story? We need a bit of the conversation to figure out the change in the elderly owner. Or, at least add "to be continued" so we'll know it isn't over! A neat perspective, however, from a musing gate!
Using the gate to tell the story is a great idea. It kept me interested.
This is great. What a creative spin. I loved it!
03/15/06
Interesting POV!
Very creative. I like the interesting POV.
rachel,

I loved this story! I think it'll come in the top 3 in this level. It's fabulous!
03/16/06
Very creative! Nice thoughts from the gate and flowed very well! I too would have liked to have known more about the change in the owner..is there a way that could be added so I could understand the change??
03/16/06
Very well done - I wish we could have heard the wise man's words :)
03/16/06
Rachel, This is very nice. I particularly love stories written from interesting POVs. Good job.
03/18/06
We used to say "if only these walls could talk" now it's the gate doing the talking. Come to think of it, in the sequel you could get the walls to tell us about the conversation inside the house. But we can guess - "by their works, you will know them". Good job.
04/06/06
Hi Rachel. I'm trying a couple of different avenues to contact you, as I think my emails must be ending up in your junk mail. I've replied immediately to each of your messages, but from your emails it's fairly obvious you aren't getting them.

You are not rostered on to judge on the week starting 15th April. That was a typo on my part. The week 10 was right, but not the date. The date is the week starting 15th June.

Sorry for the confusion. I'll also try sending this through another email address, just in case you don't see this in time.

By the way, could you please add my email address to your "safe" list if you have such a thing with your email.

Love, Deb