The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 700 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I loved your variety of words that you used.
03/14/06
a great way to demonstrate how so many people feel when God is tugging on their heart. The first step truly is repentance, by accepting the love that God has for you.
Great for the person in the valley of decision.
The setting was a bit confusing for me. At first when I read, "The night was so dark and she could not see where she was going." I thought she was driving in her car. That made me think that the next part about the crowded room was a flash back. Then towards the end, you finally reveal that she is in church. Maybe it would be a little clearer if you changed it to be "...see where she was headed in her life." or something along those lines.

I really liked this sentence though, "she had been struggling to get herself out of the bog and the mire of despair and sin in which she found herself stuck." Good word choices to paint the picture.
03/16/06
You had lots more words--help your readers get to know your main character, perhaps by showing an incident from her life. You did a good job of showing her brokenness. Check your word choice: I don't think you meant "eminence." A very moving story.
03/16/06
Comparing the dark of night to the darkness of sin is great! Suggestion - leave some white space between paragraphs for an easier read. :)