The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 480 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Yes, whether it is God or angels who are keeping the record of our life's file, our pride or humility, greed or contentment creates a lot of the world around us.

Therefore to some degree, we can't complain if we are the cause of the problems surrounding us.

And Yes, our file will be opened. What will it be filled with even for one day? Will Jesus smile for today's entry.
02/10/14
I like this. We all make choices, the biggest on where we'll spend eternity. Thank you.
This is a thought-provoking piece. Thinking about these things is something we all should do. In fact, I got a little nasty with a Verizon rep yesterday and after reading your piece, can see that conversation in a file with angels guarding it. Then my husband irked me the day before...See you have me thinking already.:) Today I'll strive to be better and rejoice in the joy of knowing that asking the person and Jesus for forgiveness does wonders.

I have a tiny bit of red ink. I know in poetry, punctuation can be a style choice, but you had a comma after the word is in the beginning. Rarely do you put a comma after a verb unless you have a parenthetical phrase. Also an ellipsis should have three dots...These are little things. Many people may not notice them, but it did make me pause for just a second.

Your piece is too powerful for that pause. After that the words propelled me forward. I think you did a splendid job on this and you really made me aware of my own actions. It was a blessing to read this.