The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 460 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Very nice rendition of the story of blind Bartimaeus giving us a sense of what he was experiencing in the moment. His anticipation of being touched and healed by the Master was delightful to read.

I noticed a few errors in grammar and punctuation such as this example; "The stories the men had told me of Jesus is the truth;"

It should read; The stories the men told me of Jesus are the truth. Or; The stories the men told me of Jesus are true.

Tightening up (cutting out words that are not necessary) my writing as a writer is something I am learning to do as per other comments I've read on other entries.

One more thing on the footnote you left, the story of Bartimaeus is true so I believe what you meant to type there is historical non-fiction huh?

Great story and keep writing.

God bless~
02/02/14
Good use of internal dialogue. I especially like the climactic transition when the blind man took courage and got up to walk toward Jesus,... "Listening to the tugs from within my spirit, I got up and walked. People gave way. They made a path for me as I walked towards him. My steps unsure for I knew not the path I was taking. I allowed my heart to guide me. I felt the light. I was going to the Master. I was going to the source of life." Great writing!
02/04/14
Beautiful job!

God bless~
02/05/14
What a wonderful picture of what it was like for the blind man!

Great job!
02/06/14
Congratulations!

God bless~
Congratulations on ranking 1st in your level and 23 overall. (The highest rankings can be found on the message boards.) Happy Dance!
I think you did a great job with this. The idea is a great take on the topic. You brought the characters to life and made them feel real. You may want to put thoughts in italics to make it stand out and the reader can pick it up that it's thought right away. It would be considered historical fiction because even though he is real and from the Bible, you sprinkled fiction over the Bible story by adding the dialog and thoughts. Great job. :-)