The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 670 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Sigh. My first husband and I were counseled by our pastor, but the areas needed to be stressed and understood, such as God's Ten Commands were not mentioned. If we both had truly possessed God, not just professed Him, we would still be together . . .

Please "throw a brick" for others to enjoy, comment and support your writing:

http://www.faithwriters.com/Boards/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=37705

Hebrews 10:26-31 KJV
12/17/13
A profoundly vital topic. The family is the foundational building block for society. As a minister, I encourage the "boot-camp" you describe. I feel at least some counselling should be required before a marriage licence is issued. Most young couples have no idea what they are signing up for.

Great job. Your elephant trumpets nicely!
This is an interesting article. You make some great points. It takes hard work to maintain any relationship, but especially married. I think many Christian couples may not see eye to eye fifty percent of the time. :-)

My only red ink would be to cut down on the word elephant. You nailed the topic, even if you took out every phrase that had the topic words in it. Some of the best on topic articles never mention the topic words.

You make some great points. It's important to have pre-marital counseling and figure out some of the big issues to avoid conflict later. You did a nice job overall on this interesting, informative piece.

Yay! Congratulations on your well-deserved win!

Love & Hugs in, through and because of Jesus, the Christ,

Judi Hebrews 10:26-31 KJV
Happy Holydays, beware the holly daze . . .