The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 969 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
12/09/12
what a beautiful reminder to live life to the fullest and build memories, because life is so very short. I teared up reading your story, but I found myself smiling as well.
Well, you may not have been laughing but after the creepies running down by back and disappeared I was chuckling at your story. I think the way you weaved in the staircase was a touch of genius. In the beginning it was the centerpiece of the room as well as the story. You did a grand job of building the conflict at just the right tempo. By the time of checkout the stairs had changed from something beautiful to a nuisance. Great bit of writing.
12/12/12
I love the contrast between the elegant staircase and the roaches. You had me completely captivated with your story. I also reside in Arizona (for the last 9 years) and agree about the interesting insect (and other critter) species. I enjoyed your story. Thanks.
12/12/12
I was fidgeting in my seat. I deplore roaches. When I was a little girl I had a best friend that lived in the city. I would see an occassional roach running around in her house. But, the insects that really bothered me were the huge waterbugs that hung out under her bathroom sink!

I loved this descriptive piece. It was well written...nicely done.

God bless~
12/13/12
Congrats! God Bless~