The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 620 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/12/12
Good job with the topic, and the true meaning of the holiday...Christ's resurrection. Nicely done.

God Bless~
04/15/12
Nicely done. Great reminder of the real reason for Easter. Thanks for sharing!
This is a lovely reminiscent story. I can picture all of the lovely things you described.

I noticed a couple of little typos and things like Mother and Daddy being used as names but not capitalized. You may want to check the message boards and join a critique group or find a challenge buddy to help you spot those little things.

The ending was great. I agree it is Holy Week not Spring Break. Spring Break is vacations and drunk college students making lifelong mistakes. But Holy Week is something else entirely. Instead of lifelong mistakes we can celebrate the knowledge of eternity with Jesus. I think this is a beautiful message and you did a nice job of transitioning from the fun memories to the life lesson.
04/16/12
Thanks for sharing your great memories! I think it could use a quick check on punctuation, but that is common and easily taken care of. Good message and good writing!
I cannot describe how much I enjoyed reading this. I totally agree that Easter is special and should remain as such. Spring break does not apply to Easter in my mind. Thank you for sharing.