The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1075 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/12/11
Isa 53:6 BBE,KJV We all went wandering like sheep; going every one of us after his desire; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

The Lord of absolute truth commands His God-fearing people to be prayerful and be watchful of His coming (Mat 24); and warns us of what He will allow to happen, 2 Thess.2:1-12.

Be faithful, even unto death, to our Saviour Lord Jesus Christ as we await for His return.(Rev.14:12)

You've earnestly written a very sensitive issue, like a "voice in the wilderness." Keep writing pointing your readers (and 'sowing', Mark 4:14))to the simplicity of the the gospel of Lord Jesus Christ, His Word (truth) and love--so that whoever may hear will repent, and salvation for whoever will come to Him.





You raise some very valid points in your essay.
I once attended a church where the prosperity doctrine was preached. I never did buy into it, but I have to say that there was a great deal of love in the church, and very obvious sincerity. To this day, although I have moved many miles away, I still remember the church members with much love.
Ultimately though, the doctrine was Scripturally wrong and the church continued to divide until there were very few people left to attend.

I appreciate the point that the responsibility lies with each individual to earnestly check against Scripture, all that we hear and are told.
This is a great message. Many people have twisted God's word to fulfill selfish desires. The only suggestion I have would be to quote the verse in Romans. Some readers may not have a Bible and others won't take the time to look it up. This is well done and should make most people stop and think.
08/14/11
Amen and Amen again!!!
Well written and so true! There are so many preaching what I call "man's doctrine" and losing sight of GOD and HIS word.

Always test the spirit and the Word, and always run to the Word to corroborate and solidify with the Creator and Master who wrote the Book, and the Father who loves us; His word - His ways, not "our way or man's words."

Amen - I loved this..I am saving it and will print it out. Thank you, and May God continue to shine His light on you as you write in His Glory and Honor.