The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 908 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/22/11
this story rings true about the daily challenge of chronic pain. you give a realistic account of the frustrations of the doctor/patient relationship as well.
07/27/11
Oh, I can relate to this, I had three months of sciatic nerve pain following knee surgery where they aggravated the nerve!
It was indeed horrible! I got in to see a pain specialist but the ride to and from was torture as the jarring aggravated it even more! Pain meds barely took the edge for short periods of time!

I too was ready to go home to be with the Lord and out of the pain then! LOL

Believe me I praise God every day for relief from that pain, that finally subsided!!!!

So often we take just feeling normal and being in good health for granted but it is one of the greatest blessings we can have!

What fantastic descriptions Juliet - this really bought back the agony of sciatic pain and Linda's comment reminded me of travelling to chiropractitioner appointments on all fours in the back of our car! Seriously, pain is not funny but it is part of our fallen world isn't it this side of Heaven and praise God for His daily grace that does bring us through!