The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1180 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/17/11
PASSIONATE Confession! That's what I call laying it out there.., but oh, how I am reminded with joy of the answer already given by our most awesome Father in Heaven in Psalm 103:12, "as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. Actually, this whole Psalm is a comfort and joy for all of us who are far too often reminded of our past sins by the evil one. As the Lord continues to shape each of us Christians in his own imagine,surely it must include an eventual day when we too can use these past experiences as nothing more than a tool to teach the next generation why it is so important to walk in both love and obedience to Christ. Thanks for the powerful reminder.
An awesome telling of the human condition, and the eternal redemption from it. Very well done, and I thank you for so sharing your experiences and the grace which saved you. God bless, and please keep writing.
03/17/11
A great reminder that no matter how far we think we are from God or how great our transgressions are, He is but a prayer away and only He can wipe the slate clean! Good writing. God bless!
03/18/11
WOW! You un-covered and in so doing you revealed,your heart. I too pray that memories are not eternal. But if they are, Our Father will give us His perspective on them instead of ours. I commend your courage.
You ask a good question, but Heaven is suppose to be pain-free and if those memories cause you pain, yous may remember the memories and see how they have affect others in likely a good way without feeling the pain. You definitely wrote a thought-provoking piece.
A beautiful heart wrenching story that each of us has in the past. They are not like yours but those memories still haunt us to this day. Will they be remembered in heaven? I doubt that they will because everything will be made new and what was will be no more. For that I praise God and thank Him for setting us free and granting us eternal life with Him
This is a wonderfully creative piece (appears to me to be creative to make a point, rather than factual) Congratulations on your EC.
03/27/11
This is a gripping description of what all sinners (that would be all of us) experience -- guilt. I love that you didn't use the word, but made us feel it. It's an interesting question you pose.
04/06/11
I am glad God's sovereign. Even if we do remember our thoughts, it will not be in that condemning way Satan uses.

Congratulations on your EC award.