The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1134 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/19/05
I love the symbolism of the restoration- both the sisters and the hotel. Good job!
09/19/05
I loved your detail and could really relate with the sisters and their relationship! I could see that although this hotel was rundown it always had potential just as much as their rundown relationship did also.Good job!!
09/20/05
What a wonderful, warm story. Thank you for posting this.
Would two sisters who haven't talked in years patch up that quickly and then go into business together? I don't know-maybe? Other than that I thought this was well written and creative!
09/21/05
I was puzzled by who Simon was...and I think you meant "materialized" in the doorway, not "vaporized." But the story is very sweet, and I'd love to see a longer version that elaborates on the sisters' differences. You held my interest from the beginning.
09/26/05
Lisa, this was a very good entry and I really do congratulate you on your Highly Commended Award.

I also picked up on the "vaporized in the doorway" part - although had a chuckle thinking that the main character wouldn't have been sorry to see her sister vaporized at the time. Also, it was tied up very neatly very quickly - but with 750 words, that's understandable. So, overall, I really do encourage you to keep writing and entering the Challenge. You are definitely heading in the right direction. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
Congrats on your well-deserved Highly Commended Award. I too have a sister who is my 'polar opposite'. Enjoyed your story. God Bless, J