The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1136 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/29/10
I like your story very much. It seems very real and perhaps it is. I like the details like finding the note in the sock drawer. Good job.
This story brought tears to my eyes a smile to my lips and a warm feeling in my heart. You wrote a beautiful tribute to your father that I'm sure many generations will enjoy. I'd love to hear more stories of this great man.
10/31/10
I'm not generally moved by stories like this--but THIS one really touched me, especially the last third or so. Lovely.
11/01/10
Well, that story caused a tear or two to roll! The story I wrote was along the same vein but it was fiction -- I have often thought how special it would be to find a personal letter tucked away in a secret place -- I hope your story was true -- what a treasure to find a letter like that.
What a sweet tender letter written in the midst of Alheimers. They have moments of clarity but they are few and far between before they succumb to the horrors of that dread disease. Thank you.
11/04/10
Very nicely written. Goes to show how important Fathers are in the lives of their daughters. A fact sometimes forgotten when busy or tired.
11/04/10
Congratulations, Charlotte, on your First Place.
God has a way of bringing special gifts just when we need them.
Congratulations on your EC!
Yeah!! Charlotte, BIG congrats on your first place and EC!
11/05/10
Very glad to learn your name and experience your talent. Superb. Congrats on EC.
God bless.
11/11/10
I thoroughly enjoyed this. The infused humor of the bootlegging uncles was a nice leveler for this bittersweet story. With writing like this you should be advancing soon. Congratulations on placing with this entry.