The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 689 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/15/10
I really liked the ending.
01/15/10
Very funny.

She was in such a state over that single word.
Very cute. I enjoyed this very much. Thank you.
01/18/10
Nicely written! A humorous perspective from a most likely middle-aged mother. Love it! I had an experience one time when I was about fifteen where this guy thought my brother (who is five years younger than me) was my son! I thought that was rude. ;)
01/18/10
What fun--I didn't anticipate the ending at all.

I've started a class in the FaithWriters forums for Beginner and Intermediate writers. I'd love to see you there--look for "Jan's Writing Basics".

This was witty and entertaining.
01/19/10
Clever twist.

I was impressed with how you blended first person narrative with second person psychological commentary.
Great title and a fun read. Didn't see the ending coming. Good job.
I remember thinking "Ow!" the first time somebody called me "Ma'am." Yep - I guess the truth hurts. Great story!
01/20/10
Oh, this was GOOD!!! I sure didn't see this one coming!!
01/24/10
Ah how well I remember being called the Grandma of my nephew! Ow! I can relate to this well!
Congratulations on your level placement, and thanks for your comments on my story, Teapot's First Lesson. I appreciate them.
01/25/10

I wasn't even expecting the ending but it worked so well.

Great story!