The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 763 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/22/09
Powerfully written by someone who has obviously experienced it. Alcoholism is an insidious disease!
Yes, we have to cling to that faith that says even in the very final moments, God's grace leads us home.

Seems like a couple of times past and present tense crossed over each other, but still, a very moving story, descriptive and authentic. Good job.
Thank you for sharing these poignant memories. Nice writing. I did see some tense shifting but you are definitely able to paint a picture with your words. Looking forward to seeing more of them here.
10/22/09
I guess talking about the near-past in the present tense didn't really work, especially since I go to the distant past at one point. Unfortuanately these challenges don't have roll-over words. I could've used more and since I was short on blue ...
I love this, it was very stirring, and was glad to read that the black sheep found his way home. I like how you use the cross on the black cord as a reminder that 'God is there even on the blackest of days.'
10/27/09
The image of the cross on the black cord was a wonderful framework for this moving piece.
What a moving story. I have seen people die from alcoholism and it is not a pretty sight. Thank you for such a powerful story.
10/30/09
Very moving!God is God He decides. When I realized that, I gave it up to His judgement.Blessings,Ruth
11/13/09
Very moving story, and kudos for listening when God speaks for it matters for all eternity!