The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 925 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/22/09
the message about forgiveness being a choice and the black cloak moment was great and there were other parts I enjoyed. I just got a bit lost in some of the details about the characters.
10/22/09
We all need a friend like Maddie.She saw a problem and confronted Dana in love.
Realistic and well written.
10/22/09
This story points towards forgiveness as being necessary in order to find joy again. So true, and yet, sometimes easier said than done. Good job.
10/22/09
Enjoyed this one. Good job!
10/23/09
This was well-written but one question kept coming up. Why didn't the "other woman" go to a different church?
10/24/09
I like the description of the black cloak.It is helpful. Good friends are precious--and tough. Great theme.
I loved this story and the use of the cloak was so true. Unforgiveness truly is black and it chills the bones.
10/26/09
Nice portrayal of our spiritual activity being something we wear. it is so true. good dialogue. details nicely spaced to build up the story.
10/27/09
The cloak is a great image, one to remember.

I'm skeptical about the wisdom of Marla coming to the same church, and to the more intimate Bible study setting.

The conversation between the two friends was well done.