The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1035 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/11/09
The child's idea of the bottles being "tear catchers" was heart breaking as you showed the resiliency of children. Good job.
Such a tender story as told by a child. I loved those bottles being called tear catchers. Only from the innocence of childhood. God bless.
09/15/09
great I love the dialogue and the clever touches. I lovethedescription of the imaginary friend thatso many children haveby the the story unfolds into something more tragic and sad. I hope you get credit this peice (in my opinion) deserves!
09/16/09
I really like how this is written in the child's voice. His innocence is wonderful. The imaginary friend named Luke was a wonderful touch.
09/16/09
In a story like this, you always hope for a happy ending. Even though it didn't materialize full blown, when the child placed smile producing picture where he thought tears were stored, it felt like the beginning of hope.
09/17/09
There are so many reasons this story is touching, and on so many levels. Congratulations on your second place win.
09/17/09
Congratulations on placing 2nd with this tender and sad story. Loved the MC's voice and the way he coped with missing his brother.